Thursday, June 30, 2011

Spiritual Experiment - divine hug

It was our final evening in San Francisco. The weather in SF is kind a weird, because it's a bay area. Even summer would be cold- really cold, freaking-freezing cold for a poikilothermic creature like me.Many of my friends made good use of the evening by visiting the Golden Gate Bridge. I wanted to visit the World Famous bridge as well, but I wanted to do  some shopping prior to that. Maybe I should let you know that I could be incredibly shopaholic.

I put on my double layers of sweater and start loitering on the SF streets.Running in and out every shop, hoping to get the best deals. I took a glance on each shop and then walked quickly to the next one. I was almost running because I wanted to finish shopping ASAP and head towards the Golden Gate Bridge.
When i was wondering clueless-ly, I saw this sign board.
I entered the shop, quietly more like thief. Why? Simply.The sales lady got shocked! Because she was right next to the door, when I suddenly pooped out from nowhere.

Then she said "I was seeing a Krishna Statue, I turned and saw you.. thought Krisna has came down to my shop". 
( My mind voice:  ME?? Look like Krishna? You must have been seeing a "fake" Krishna then!)


She was a Thai lady, Nuth who has embraced Hinduism sometimes ago. She utters the Panchakcharam (Aum Nama Shivaya)  frequently, like once for every 3 sentence. :) Our conversation was very interesting and she invited me to join her to attend a prayers at Amma Amruthanandamayi Center in San Ramon, California. I agreed delightedly-spontaneously too.


Imagine this- I walked into a random shop- met someone ( complete stranger )- had a short conversation- agreed to follow them- hop into their car- headed to San Ramon which is 1 hour drive away. CRAZY Kumerain!

I have never met any "super natural being" in my life before this, at the same time  I discourage worshiping human beings. In fact, I am strongly against glorifying human's on par with the Supreme Being.So why did I get so excited about meeting her? Why I did even agreed to see her? Strange enough. But recalling the event now, I would say it had a purpose- a spiritual experiment.


Once I reached, as usual, I took out my Canon Power Shoot A3300 and start clicking. Click click clik!
Her center is away from the noisy-busy city. Peaceful.
From right, Saradha, Nuth and Rossie who drove me there. Thank you ladies.
This is the Amritha Hall, the hall was full of her devotees.
The usual over excited me- started taking pictures inside.Suddenly, some one came to me and said "You are not supposed to take pictures inside!" Hmmmmmmmphhh! Anyways, I got her!



When I entered the hall, it was the Bhajan Session.I enjoyed watching all the devotees (Americans, Malayalees and other Indians) in the ecstasy of the Amma Bhajan. Followed by the Bhajan and a short mediation session, Amma hugged her devotees. I gave myself a try for this spiritual experiment.

The results of my experiment is simple enough, Rule number one in following any religious/spiritual teaching is to have 101% faith in the teaching/guru or it would only be a mere ritual.That is why I cant feel the divinity and love that she have been emanating while others seems immersed in the devotion.Its all about FAITH. All  though the the hug didn't worked out for me- I went through an experimental learning. 
Anyways. I thank Amma Ammruthanandamayi for the  divine hug.

I missed the chance to visit the Golden Gate, but after all it's just a bridge rite? Nevertheless  I HATE to say, "Oh ya, I have been to SF but didn't visit the Golden Gate Bridge."


ps; Dear devotees of AMMA; please don't get me wrong, I am never against you guys- it's just that we are followers of different faith.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...