Sunday, December 4, 2011

A Text Message from Malaysia – Delivered to Agra.

North India - Episode 4
We almost missed our train from Kaasi to Agra, but fortunately we managed to catch it. It took us more than 12 hours to reach Agra Fort Station. It was the worse train travelling in my life. I don’t even want to talk about it... even thinking about it make me go nuts! Nevertheless I admit that its part and parcel of backpacking journey.

7am-Arrived. We stored our backpacks at the station clock room and fresh up at the public toilets.

So what’s the plan? We decided to visit Taj Mahal and if time permits we should visit Agra Fort as well. We must move to Mathura by evening. As we have a long list  (which increases exponentially) of places to visit, we can’t spend much time anywhere. Sounds like Amazing Race India? Precisely. We were always on our toes. Sleep while travelling. Wash up at public toilets. Keep moving.

We took an auto from Agra Fort Railway Station to Taj Mahal.  We got to know the entrance fee pricing through our friends and pre-arrival homework. Vijay and I have come to an agreement – Both of us are going to disguise as Indian Citizens from Chennai or else it would cost us Rs900 for the entrance ticket while Indian Citizens need to pay Rs20 only. Extra Rs880???!!! Why in earth I need to pay Rs900, even my ancestors come from this land uh? Hmmph! No way. (Budget travelling, need to cut cost)

Surprisingly, the entrance fee for the day was FREE OF CHARGE for whatever reasons. Guess it was a public holiday. That was great, and saved our acting skills for future needs.
We stepped in to one of the 7 wonders of the world, the prestigious monument that the entire world speak and admire.  It was a like dream... am I really physically here? (iithu veerum brammeh’ya? )
We were overjoyed. Snapped many pictures. A great morning for both of us.



Before writing any further, I wish to share something about Taj Mahal- the so called symbol of love. I start with a disclaimer that I am no expert in the field of archaeology or history. I am just sharing some of the thoughts and facts that I have read on the internet. Basically I kind a copy paste what  have I read.

We always believed that Taj Mahal  was build by the Moghul Emperor Shah Jahan to commemorate his beloved wife Mumtaz's tomb.  Now, archaeological findings and researches claim that the entire world have been duped with the Shah Jahan- Mumtaz fairy tale. The controversial outcome of research firmly states that Taj mahal is actually Tejo Mahalaya, A Vedic Hindu Temple  usurped by Shah Jahan from then Maharaja of Jaipur, Jai Singh.

Since I am no expert in this field, I am going flood you with some facts, which I have gathered and let you decide for yourself!

Check out the links!


Video Links.

Never, never I intend to hurt or provoke any one. Nevertheless, I have decided for myself that it’s Tejo Mahalaya!  What about you?



That’s the rationale behind me labelling this post as “Yathra”. Now, let’s continue our journey. So where were we, Agra right?

It was almost 11am. I was starving. I haven’t had anything else ever since my lunch at Annapurna Annashektra ( READ Episode 3).  How can you expect me not to eat anything for more than 18 hours? By the way, Vijay claims that he could survive for 1 day with 5 pieces of biscuit. It doesn’t surprise me because he is only composed of bones and a thin a layer of skin.

We entered a restaurant and I ordered a few dishes and gobbled like a pig! While Vijay just had a cup tea.  Before I could I finish up my meal, before Vijay could completely enjoy his cup of tea.... Vijay received a text message from home.  

It says, ‘ Anne, appa is in critical care unit now. Doctors have said that appa is very weak and probably he would leave us all in another 2-3 days.Please call amma immediately.’
To be continued.

6 comments:

  1. good post, but a sad ending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. life is a mixture of everything...isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. And i found this intresthing piece as well!

    If Taj Mahal is really a symbol of Love,Let's have a look at this.

    1. Mumtaz was Shajahan's 4th wife out of his 7 wives.
    2. Shahjahan killed Mumtaz's husband to marry her.
    3. Mumtaz died in her 14th delivery.
    4. He then married her sister.
    Question arises, where the hell is the Love?

    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahaha! good one!in that case he is being unfair, built Taj Mahal just for his 4th wife!

    yeap, life is a mixture of everything. at one point you have everything, and the next moment, who knows? The person with you now will not going to be by your side forever. So, appreciate and don't grumble:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A day not to forget in my entire life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me neither vijay... reading this now, I couldn't believe it actually happened to us.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...