Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Journey to House of GOD

I woke at 3.15am in the morning, and took a hot shower, put on my all white costume (jippa). I was definitely excited and looking forward for the journey, nevertheless I was worried. In fact, I coudnt really sleep well the previous night. I was worried that I would be late and miss the flight... or that I might get lost in the Hawaiian city. But I was 1000%   determined to step my foot at the Kadavul Temple.

I left my my hostel at University of Hawaii Manoa at 4am, I didn't see anyone on the road and cars were rare. It's was pin drop silent. I had to walk for around 30 minutes to reach to the bus stop.Kinda scary, because I was just relying on the Google maps I printed out earlier.
Even at that point of time, my sense of humor tickles me.I imagined "How many drivers are going to get frightened seeing a all white figure moving in the dark?" Anyways, no one wrapped their car around a tree because of me.

I reached the bus stop on time, and boarded the bus-got down at another bus stop-walked to another bus stop-boarded another bus- which finnaly dropped me at the Honolulu Airport. Phewwwwwwwww!

I took a flight from Honolulu to Kuaii, the exact flying time was less than 20 minutes! I reached Kauai Airport, and walked towards the exit, I saw a plum American lady carrying a board with the word"Rein" on it. I suppose that's the taxi and she actually meant to write Rain. I searched for taxi companies in Kauai  and booked  a taxi  online to drive me from the airport to Kadavul Temple a few days earlier. (planning is important)

She drove me, it took 20 minutes, but i felt like 20 hours! Once i reach there... only one one word could describe my feelings. Speechless. Aum Nama Shivaya.
Even to reach the door step of the Adheenam, I felt  so gifted and blessed!
A Nepalese style Ganesha shrine, I rang the bell as I proceed up to the path.
Lord Shanmuga- Anjum mugam thondrin aaru mugam thondrum
Teppa Kulam (temple tank) with Thirunyanasambandar 
Adorable Nandhi Dhevar of Kadavul Temple
I managed to join the 9am daily prayers which started with dyanam, abhishekam, arathi and archanai. No photographs are allowed within Kadavul temple. Inside Kadavul Temple there is 108 vikragham's of Thandava Postures of Lord Shiva, all gold plated.Very cute ones. Of course the majestic Ganesha and Karthikeya shrine. The main deity is Nadaraja Peruman - when  I got HIS dharshan I could only feel one phrase; "Adikondar antha vedikai kaana kann ayiram vendammo" 


The spectacular crystal suyambhu Linggam which weighs almost 350kg (soon to be the main deity of Iravan temple- building in progress) stands majestically right in front of Nadaraja Peruman is simply astonishing- that goes even without me saying it!
Perhaps my vocabulary is limited, I really couldn't phrase out my feelings back then...so peaceful, the vibration, the energy and divinity. It's just so special. Aum nama Shivaya!

HE is there... seating right there! Oh Lord Thaksinamurthi
Iravan temple building in progress, I wish to attend the Kumbhavishegam!
Enna thavam seithanai...emmperumane?
The weather of Kauai is very unpredictable, it rains very often but don't be surprised it could stop in seconds.When I started to perform the abhishekam, as I offered the 1st drop of water, it drizzled (perfect timing) and stopped within a count of 5. Although it's just another common occurrence in this island,  I would prefer to take that as blessings from Khailayam!

I left the Adheenam, thinking  "when could I come back?"

"It is said that pilgrimage to a holy place where the vision of the Lord has been witnessed is life changing and leads to cessation of rebirth. The blessings pour out for those who visit even when for a short time and follow the devotee into the great beyond."
- Satgururu Sivaya Subramuniyaswami

My visit to Kauai Adheenam is entirely Shivaperuman's blessing; "avan arulale avan thal vanangi" -Manikavasagar
Aum nama shivaya

5 comments:

  1. very interesting....even ur words itself gv me the divine sense...AUM NAMASHIVAYA....

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is really awesome..:) very very interesting indeed..!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. u wrote it in a very interesting, short and simple manner... i cant wait to have my own trip to tht place.. and im gona suggest this place to all my frens.. i feel gifted jst by looking at the pictures itself.. hopefully im blessed to get there.. and thank u for uploading and giving a gud description abt hw to get to the destination.. aum namashivaya

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...