Thursday, June 16, 2011

Adventures - venturing nature ( part 2)

In my previous post on Adventures -venturing nature (part 1) I shared my experience on canoe surfing, hiking and snorkeling in Hawaii which was the outdoor activities in 1st week. Now, let’s move on to week 2, but still in Hawaii. We shall start with Rope Course in Kualoa Ranch, Honolulu.
Kualoa Ranch is a must visit place if you are coming to Hawaii especially for nature lovers. The beauty of the nature never fails to mesmerize me.

Do you find this place familiar? Well, this is the shooting spot of Jurassic Park!  and many other famous movies like  Mighty Joe Young, Pearl Harbor, Windtalkers, and Godzilla. 

Kualoa Ranch is open for tourist activities such as horseback riding and hiking. 

We ride a shuttle to the Rope Course spot. The green scenery remains fresh in my mind!

You have seen the serine images, now lets talk about serious business-ROPE COURSE. Uhmm... I would say that among all the outdoor activities, I find the rope course most physically, mentally and emotionally demanding. 

Each participant had to complete 3 set of challenge. For each set of challenge, you will have your harness fixed to the rope which will be bilayered by 2 of your team mate.


Rope Course- Challenge #1
Get to the top within 15 minutes! U think its easy? I swear it wasn't! At least for me.
It was a moment of super stress, but all  my team mates cheered our names and kept the spirit flaming.  

We will pair up with a team mate and should  help each other all the way to the top. 
I was disappointed with myself, I couldn't reach the top neither help my team mate. Felt terrible, but I told myself that I'll  will do the next one better.

Rope course- Challenge # 2
3 of us will be tied together, 1 blind folded. Get on to the top in 15minutes.
I was nervous, because i was never in the circus you see.
I took the lead, blind folded guy in between!
We made it! Right to the TOP.


Rope Course- Challenge #3
Climb to the top of the tree and walk along the rope to the opposite tree- while holding your team mates hand!

Managed to climb up nicely! 
Don't look down, but look into my eyes carefully! 
And then we flew down gracefully!


We spend the whole day for this 'Circus Course', practicing monkey stunts.My sweat glands  were exhausted. Fortunately, no paramedic/ambulance was required, even though we were all 1st  timers.Well done team! But no one could wake up on time the following day. 

Now, if you plan to start up a circus team, you know who to contact. 

That was everything about the Rope Course.I really enjoyed writing and editing this piece of post for you guys, hope i managed to put it as presentable as possible and hope you guys will like it.

Take home lesson from rope course;
  • Leading is not about going up alone- always bring out the best from everyone.
  • When your team mate cant go up- you should help. Sacrifice is sacred!
  • Your team mate is holding the rope fixed to your harness. Trust your team mates!
  • Effective Communication is  important! 
  • Motivate each other. Keep on inspiring your team.
  • Prepare yourself  physically, emotionally and mentaly strong to face all kinds of situations.
God grace, I would strive to practice all the values learned through this course.

I wish, I could write more but it's 3.30am here, in Washington DC and my eyes are getting heavy! Till i write to you guys soon.Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...